Haven't been feeling well. And new bike day!!

What a weekend!

I didn’t feel very well last week, just kind of low grade bad. This is not unusual since I went on my cancer maintenance drug. From the time I wake up through mid-morning I feel bad, even nauseous sometimes. I usually just ride it out and it passes. But, it made training on the trainer hard. I was supposed to do a ramp test to assess my FTP (power output) on Tuesday. I warmed up and then started the test. I didn’t even get 10 minutes in before I pulled the plug. I just couldn’t hold the power numbers I needed to. I tried it again on Thursday and it didn’t go any better.

So, without any real training to speak of for the week I did Saturday’s trainer workout and finally got some work done. As usual, I rode while the kids were napping in the early afternoon. So it was late enough in the day that I felt pretty good. The workout, named “Thor” was hard! But, I got it done and felt good about it.

Had a few beers with a friend Saturday – maybe one too many – then went on a great ride on Sunday with some of the guys from my team. My legs felt surprisingly good and we had a nice easy spin around Denver.

So, I’m due for an FTP test but, honestly, I think I’m gonna skip it until I end my current power building phase in some 3 or 4 weeks. I’ll retest before I start the next phase.


I got a new bike! Or a new frame anyway. My Giant TCR Advanced developed a worrying front end sensation that my local bike shop told me indicated I need a new bike. My team has a shop sponsor so they got me a modest deal on a Trek Emonda ALR. I haven’t ridden aluminum since the early 00’s but, this frame is pretty high tech with internal cable routing and interesting tube shapes. I did the build on it last night and it looks slick!



Can’t wait to get it outside!

Comments

Popular Posts