I hate Ramp Testing. But, finally some real headway.

The ramp test. I’m not a fan.

Maybe it’s because I feel like I don’t test well. Maybe it’s because I put too much psychological pressure on myself to produce a result.

Maybe it’s because I usually test at 5am and it’s damn hard to do that kind of suffering having just climbed out of a warm bed.

Either way, I had to test this past Tuesday and I was not looking forward to it.

My mother in law is staying with us and our guest room is also my training dungeon. So, since I can’t give her the boot at 5am I’ve been working out after work at 5pm. This has it’s own host of problems as I’m usually tired at the end of the day and getting motivated to train can be hard.

I came home from work Tuesday telling myself to just get on the bike and get on with it. I told myself that I’ve been training hard and consistently so even it the test didn’t show anything, or I failed to complete it, it didn’t really matter.


Then I positively SMASHED the test. A 10% increase (23 watts)! Between losing a kilo and increasing my FTP, I’m now over 3w/kg, a stretch goal I set for myself late last year!

Comments

Popular Posts